Thursday, March 12, 2009

Laundry the ole fashioned way



The less glamorous aspect of living in a city is the laundry date on a weekend night with your boyfriend. We just moved and have taken to grabbing a beer during the wash /rinse cycle, then another during the dry, which is not the worst way to spend an evening but also not the most romantic outing imaginable. I took matters into my own hands in the sink mid week when all my running clothes were spent with positive results, though I will admit that it took far longer to wring everything out than expected. I washed and hand agitated the clothes with a wooden spoon for about ten minutes, then let soak for about twenty minutes (while reading a book) then rinsed and hung to dry. I looked up wringers and hand washers and their ilk on the internet, and am seriously considering purchasing a hand washer unit. Also a wringer unit. That was the least fun and most time consuming step. The result? Clean clothes hanging all around the apartment, not as fluffy as fancy dryer-dried clothes, but clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment